South East Organ Donation Services Team
The South East Regional Collaborative had their first meeting in April 2011 and continues to meet regularly since then. The region is made up of 15 NHS Trusts with 26 Intensive Care Units and 25 Emergency Departments.
Regional Manager - Marian Ryan
Team Managers - Louise Davey - Tracey Gibson
Specialist Nurses - 15 in total
Practice Development Specialist - Lauren Smith
Matt Carder - Office Manager
Barry Wade - Office Administrator
Nina Loudon - Office Administrator
Contact Number - 0300 1230763
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 and data from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015 are also provided in certain sections for comparison purposes.
Executive Summaries for each Trust:
- Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust
- East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
- Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Lewisham and Greenwich Healthcare NHS Trust
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
- Medway NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- St George's Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust
- Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the South East Team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.