Yorkshire Organ Donation Services Team
The region has been holding collaboratives twice a year since 2011. More recently the spring collaborative has been solely for the Yorkshire region whilst the autumn collaborative is held jointly with the North-West region.
The Yorkshire region is made up of 16 NHS trusts with 30 Intensive Care Units, 2 Paediatric Intensive Care Units and 22 Emergency Departments.
Regional Manager - Sue Duncalf
Team Managers - Gordon Crowe; Sarah Whittingham
Specialist Nurses - 18 in total comprising 5 Specialist Requestors and 13 on call SN-ODs
Practice Development Specialist - to be confirmed
Kelly Crawford - Office Manager
Megan Cordingley - Office Administrator
Sarah Stringer - Office Administrator
Contact Number - 0300 1230912
Pager Number - 07659 171979
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 and data from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015 are also provided in certain sections for comparison purposes.
Executive Summaries for each Trust:
- Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the Yorkshire team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.