Policies and Reports
Policies and Reports relating to the National Organ Retrieval Service (NORS)
The UK Scout Pilot project was a one-year initiative to assess whether early donor management and assessment by a cardiothoracic retrieval team improves the number of cardiac donations and transplants. It ran between 1 April 2013 and 31 March 2014.
An evaluation of the pilot was undertaken to inform future arrangements. The proposed methods and risk adjustment were circulated at NRG and to cardiothoracic centre directors for comment. The methods were agreed as appropriate for the purpose of assessing the impact of the Scout Pilot project and comments on additional risk factors have been incorporated.
Click here to view the Scout Project Phase II Update Report January 2016.
Click here to view the paper that provides a summary of the results for July 2014.
- Abdominal organ preservation practitioner theatre practitioner
- Cardiothoracic Organ Preservation Practitioner Theatre Practitioner
- Joint Scrub Role for Organ Retrieval
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Abdominal Organ Preservation Competency
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Abdominal Scrub Competence
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Cardiothoracic Organ Preservation Basic Competency
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Cardiothoracic Scrub Competence
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Core Competence