Role of ODT Duty Office
The ODT Duty Office operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with a minimum of two National Transplant Liaison Co-ordinators on duty at all times. The Duty Office is managed by an Assistant Operations Manager supported by a number of Senior Duty Officers. The role of the Duty Office is varied and includes a range of responsibilities:
- Undertaking registration checks on the Organ Donor Register (ODR).
- Receiving and recording information on potential and actual donors (including ocular).
- Matching and allocating organs and ocular tissue in accordance with the national sharing schemes.
- Registering patients on the urgent heart, super urgent liver and cornea lists.
- Transport liaison.
- Gathering patient follow-up information post-transplantation.
- Implementing procedural changes based on Advisory Group output.
- Responding to general telephone enquiries outside of normal working hours.
Contacting the Duty Office
Direct Dial: (0117) 975 7580
Switchboard: (0117) 975 7575
Direct Fax: (0117) 975 7599
If you are trying to contact the Duty Office and have been either unable to get through, or have been on hold for 20 minutes or more, this is likely to indicate a problem with the main telephone line.
In this event, please redial the Duty Office using the emergency phone number (0117) 931 4777. Please note that this number should only be used if the direct line number is unavailable as described above.