Eastern Organ Donation Services Team
Since the first Collaborative event held in January 2011, there have been three further successful events hosted in the Eastern Region. The Eastern Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 7.8 million. Geographically, the team cover across East Anglia, incorporating Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Within this geographical area, the Team provides a service for 20 acute hospital Trusts. The Eastern Organ Donation Services Team have one Regional Neurosurgical unit at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. This also has the only Paediatric Intensive Care Unit for the region.
Regional Clinical Lead - Mr Paul Carroll
Regional Manager - Marian Ryan
Team Managers - Teresa Tymkewycz - Marie Garside
Specialist Nurses - 16 in total
Practice Development Specialist - Morag Fryer
Matt Carder - Office Manager
Barrington Wade - Office Administrator
Nina Loudon - Office Administrator
Contact Number - 0300 1231106
Pager Number - 07659 117499
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 and data from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015 are also provided in certain sections for comparison purposes.
Executive Summaries for each Trust:
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Hinchingbrooke Health Care NHS Trust
- Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
- James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the Eastern Team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.