South West Organ Donation Services Team
The South West Regional Collaborative had their first meeting in November 2010 and has met regularly since then. The region is made up of 14 NHS Trusts with 16 Intensive Care Units, 1 Paediatric Intensive Care Unit and 14 Emergency Departments.
Regional Manager - Phil Walton
Team Managers - Jo Chalker - Rachel Stoddard-Murden
Specialist Nurses - 16 WTE
Practice Development Specialist - Sally Holmes
Office Managers: Lynne Woolcocks
Office Administrator: Janet Woodley
Contact Number - 0300 1231108
Pager Number - 07659 591642
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 and data from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015 are also provided in certain sections for comparison purposes.
Executive Summaries for each Trust:
- Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
- Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust
- Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust
- South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- Weston Area Health NHS Trust
- Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the South West team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.