London Organ Donation Services Team
The London region is comprised of 16 acute NHS Trusts, with 38 intensive care units, 35 emergency departments, and 9 paediatric intensive care units all within the M25.
Regional Manager - Marian Ryan
Team Managers - Emiliano Mazzaretto - Kirsty McNally - Rebecca Westlake - Cliona Berman
Specialist Nurses - 32 in total
Practice Development Specialist - Angie Scales
Matt Carder - Office Manager
Barrington Wade - Office Administrator
Nina Loudon - Office Administrator
Contact Number: - 020 7166 6922
Pager Number: - 07659 100103
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2016 and data from 1 April 2014 to 31 March 2015 are also provided in certain sections for comparison purposes.
Executive Summaries for each Trust:
- Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Barts Health NHS Trust
- Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- London North West Healthcare NHS Trust
- North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust
- Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
- The Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Whittington Hospital NHS Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the London team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.