COVID-19: Clinical Advice
The following guidance is provided for clinical staff involved in facilitating organ donation in the UK. It is general guidance so please always check the latest Government COVID-19 advice for up to date national guidance as well as any local policies which may be applicable.
Because the situation is changing rapidly, please revisit this site to find the latest version of any guidance.
Clinical enquiries and questions should be directed as appropriate to: regional organ donation teams or Regional Clinical Leads for Organ Donation, national organ retrieval service leads, or transplant centres.
- Transport and PPE (published 26 March 2020)
- Letter about transport of NORS teams during COVID-19 outbreak (published 26 March 2020)
- COVID-19 Assessment and Screening Flowchart - DAT3737 (published 25 March 2020)
- Letter to CLODs (published 25 March 2020)
- Letter to cornea/tissue transplant recipients (published 24 March 2020)
- NORS PPE Guidance (published 24 March 2020)
- SNOD checklist - FRM6439 (published 24 March 2020)
- NORS teams letter (published 19 March 2020)
- Tissue & Eye Services update letter (published 19 March 2020)
- Serum Eyedrop Service Contingency letter - Autologous Serum Eyedrops (published 19 March 2020)
- Serum Eyedrop Service Contingency letter - Allogeneic Serum Eyedrops (published 17 March 2020)
- Serum Eye Drops Programme update letter (published 17 March 2020)
- Donation - international reflections (published 17 March 2020)
- Living donation letter (published 13 March 2020)
- Advice for SNODs (published 11 March 2020)
In order to capture and appropriately use and share real-time information on confirmed COVID-19 in transplanted patients and those on transplant waiting lists, please use the reporting mechanism below.
The first form collects information at presentation and the second facilitates follow-up with an outcome at or before 30 days later.
COVID-19 reporting forms
Please download the forms to your device and open with Adobe Reader for best performance – they may not be fillable if opened here (depending on your browser).
Please complete as much information as possible, but it is important to notify all patients (especially transplanted patients) so we will accept, as a minimum, sufficient patient identifiers only (eg name, NHS no.) at this stage.
COVID-19 cases in wait list and organ transplant patients
View a map of cases reported to date - by NHS region and organ
Please note: data are as reported to NHSBT by transplant centres and are likely to be incomplete/lagging in real time.