Annual Activity Report
The Annual Activity Report gives a comprehensive update about organ donors, transplant waiting lists and transplant activity for the UK for the latest financial year.
Survival rates after transplantation are also provided for transplants over a number of years, as well as data from the Potential Donor Audit and the Organ Donor Register.
It includes UK-wide as well as country, regional and centre specific data. Rates of donors and transplants per million of population are included alongside information about waiting times to transplant, organ utilisation rates and demographic characteristics of both donors and recipients.
A slide set of all charts in the report is available for use in presentations. All data are from the UK Transplant Registry including the Potential Donor Audit and Organ Donor Register, as held by NHS Blood and Transplant.
Complete report (2021-22)
- Front cover (PDF 1MB)
- Preface (PDF 247KB)
- Foreword (278KB)
- Contents (PDF 281KB)
- Section 1 - Summary of donor and transplant activity (PDF 247KB)
- Section 2 - Overview of Organ Donation and Transplantation (PDF 462KB)
- Section 3 - Organ donation activity (PDF 436KB)
- Section 4 - The National Organ Retrieval Service and usage of organs (PDF 600KB)
- Section 5 - Kidney activity (PDF 679KB)
- Section 6 - Pancreas activity (PDF 454KB)
- Section 7 - Cardiothoracic activity (PDF 838KB)
- Section 8 - Liver activity (PDF 592KB)
- Section 9 - Intestinal activity (PDF 353KB)
- Section 10 - Corneal activity (PDF 560KB)
- Section 11 - Survival rates following transplantation (PDF 1MB)
- Section 12 - NHS Organ Donor Register (PDF 526KB)
- Section 13 - National Potential Donor Audit (PDF 728KB)
- Appendices (PDF 676KB)