Annual Activity Report
The Annual Activity Report gives a comprehensive update about organ donors, transplant waiting lists and transplant activity for the UK for the latest financial year.
Survival rates after transplantation are also provided for transplants over a number of years, as well as data from the Potential Donor Audit and the Organ Donor Register.
It includes UK-wide as well as country, regional and centre specific data. Rates of donors and transplants per million of population are included alongside information about waiting times to transplant, organ utilisation rates and demographic characteristics of both donors and recipients.
A slide set of all charts in the report is available for use in presentations. All data are from the UK Transplant Registry including the Potential Donor Audit and Organ Donor Register, as held by NHS Blood and Transplant.
Complete report (2019-20)
- Front cover (PDF 916KB)
- Preface (PDF 243KB)
- Foreword (250KB)
- Contents (PDF 246KB)
- Section 1 - Summary of donor and transplant activity (PDF 229KB)
- Section 2 - Overview of Organ Donation and Transplantation (PDF 359KB)
- Section 3 - Organ donation activity (PDF 274KB)
- Section 4 - The National Organ Retrieval Service and usage of organs (PDF 446KB)
- Section 5 - Kidney activity (PDF 592KB)
- Section 6 - Pancreas activity (PDF 353KB)
- Section 7 - Cardiothoracic activity (PDF 602KB)
- Section 8 - Liver activity (PDF 495KB)
- Section 9 - Intestinal activity (PDF 359KB)
- Section 10 - Corneal activity (PDF 592KB)
- Section 11 - Survival rates following transplantation (PDF 1.06MB)
- Section 12 - NHS Organ Donor Register (PDF 322KB)
- Section 13 - National Potential Donor Audit (PDF 699KB)
- Appendices (PDF 655KB)