National protocols, policies and reports
This document specifies the Standards which all health care professionals involved in solid organ retrieval should follow to provide a high quality service.
It provides guidance for retrieval from adult, paediatric and neonatal donors, and covers the retrieval of deceased donor organs currently routinely transplanted in the UK.
These national retrieval protocols have been developed and approved by a range of clinical stakeholders to provide the best guidance when using novel technologies within the retrieval pathway.
The protocols will be updated as required, following any agreed amendments, and they should be referred to by NORS Teams to ensure the consistent and safe use of novel technologies to support organ retrieval.
The most recent changes to the protocols are highlighted for ease of reference.
Abdominal Normothermic Regional Perfusion (ANRP)
Protocol and related documents:
- UK Protocol for Normothermic Regional Perfusion (PDF 1MB)
- Framework for new centres to start ANRP (PDF 592KB)
- ANRP structure, training and competency (PDF 719KB)
- ANRP passport - FRM6725 (PDF 798KB)
- ANRP Debriefs - summary of key learning identified (PDF 500KB)
- Principles for retrieving outside normal donor coverage or at the request of another centre using ANRP (PDF 730KB)
- Annual Report on the National Organ Retrieval Service
- National Organ Retrieval Service Review
- Output Report - National Organ Retrieval Service Review Challenge Event - July 2014
- Output Report - National Organ Retrieval Service Review Challenge Event - November 2014
UK Scout Project results
- Abdominal Organ Preservation Practitioner (Theatre Practitioner)
- Cardiothoracic Organ Preservation Practitioner (Theatre Practitioner)
- Joint Scrub Role for Organ Retrieval
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Abdominal Organ Preservation Basic Competency
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Abdominal Scrub Competence
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Cardiothoracic Organ Preservation Basic Competency
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Cardiothoracic Scrub Competence
- The National Organ Retrieval Service Perioperative Core Competence All Practitioners