Tools and resources
We have provided various tools and resources that may be helpful to support individual roles and develop and deliver living donation programmes.
The UK Living Kidney Sharing Scheme is used to identify pairwise exchanges and altruistic donor chains. Quarterly matching runs identify potential transplants based on blood group and tissue type matches, and waiting times vary greatly between pairs. The Incompatible Pairs Living Donor Kidney Application provides pairs information on how long they can expect to wait for a transplant based on the characteristics of the pair. The estimates are based on statistical simulations that replicate typical behaviour in the scheme.
- Chance of transplant by blood group
- Percentage transplanted by number of matching runs
- Percentage transplanted by number of matching runs (HLA incompatible pairs)
Incompatible pairs living donor kidney application
Living donor coordination workforce calculator
- A Guidance to the Macro for the Living Donor Coordination
- Living Donor Workforce Planner - updated June 2015