UK Awards for Excellence in Organ Donation and Transplantation
The first awards recognising excellence in organ donation and transplantation will be presented at the British Transplantation Society and NHSBT Organ Donation and Transplantation joint congress on Wednesday 6th March 2019.
Nominations were open from Thursday 11th October to Friday 30th November 2018.
Nominees can be anyone working in the field of organ donation or transplantation, whether in a paid or voluntary capacity.
Nominations are welcome from clinical and lay people alike and there is no restriction to members or employees of any organisation.
The 5 awards categories
You can either nominate yourself or somebody else for:
- Exceptional Individual
- Exceptional Newcomer
- Exceptional Team
- Excellence in Innovation or Research
- Excellence in Performance
Nominations will be judged by a panel of clinicians, donor family, patient and lay representatives as follows:
- John Forsythe: NHS Blood and Transplant Medical Director for Organ Donation and Transplantation
- Steve Wigmore: British Transplantation Society Vice President
- Stephen Webb: Intensive Care Society Honorary Secretary
- Susan Burton: Donor Family Network
- Hilary Patel: Patient representative
- Craig Jones: Lay member