ODT Hub Information Services provide NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) and the transplant community with the vital information needed to make transplants happen, improve transplantation and protect organ recipients and living donors for the rest of their lives.
They do this by:
- Registering every patient in the UK that needs a transplant
- Running the UK Living Kidney Sharing Scheme
- Providing a scientific support service to the transplant community
- Collecting follow-up data from every transplant recipient for the life of their graft
- Establishing traceability of every organ donated for transplantation
- Supporting the implementation of the digitisation of the HTA A and B forms
- Planning for the roll out of the online Patient Management application for liver, kidney and pancreas transplantation
Each year ODT Hub Information Services Processes:
- 4,500 new registrations
- 12,500 amendments to registration
- 10,000 HTA A and B forms
- 75,000 Follow-up forms
Michael Gumn (pictured) is the Head of Hub Information Services.
Find out how ODT Hub Information Services are making processes safer, simpler and more supportive through the ODT Hub Programme.