Eastern Organ Donation Services Team
The Eastern Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 6.1 million. Geographically, the team cover across East Anglia, incorporating Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 19 NHS trusts.
Regional Clinical Lead - Tim Leary and Antonio Rubino
Regional Manager - Marian Ryan
Team Managers - Liz Brettell - James Dack - Laura Banerjee
Specialist Nurses - 27 in total
Practice Development Specialist - Alison Galloway Turner
Livia Torok - Office Manager
Barrington Wade - Office Administrator
Kikelomo Owadokun - Office Administrator
Contact Number - 0207 166 6922
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020.
Executive Summaries for each trust:
- Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust
- East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust
- Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust
- James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Luton and Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust
- Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust
- West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the Eastern Team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.