South Central Organ Donation Services Team
The South Central Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 5.8 million. Geographically, the team covers Buckinghamshire, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Milton Keynes, Northamptonshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, including Southampton and Wiltshire. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 12 NHS trusts.
Regional Head of Nursing - Becky Clarke
Lead Nurses - Hannah Bartlett-Syree, Nicky Matthews and Pascale Withey
Specialist Nurses - 23
Practice Development Specialist - Charlotte Fitzpatrick (secondment role)
Emma Horton - Office Manager
Lynette Moore - Office Administrator
Contact Number - 0300 123 1107
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports below provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
Executive summaries for each trust:
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust (PDF 408KB)
- Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 410KB)
- Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 533KB)
- Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 413KB)
- Isle Of Wight NHS Trust (PDF 411KB)
- Milton Keynes Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 409KB)
- Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust (PDF 534KB)
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 546KB)
- Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 539KB)
- Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 409KB)
- Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 405KB)
- University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 545KB)
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the South Central Team Detailed Full Report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.