South East Organ Donation Services Team
The South East Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 5.7 million. Geographically, the team cover Surrey, Sussex including Brighton, Kent, Jersey, Guernsey, Kingston upon Thames, and parts of South London. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 18 NHS trusts and the Channel Islands.
Regional Head of Nursing - Marian Ryan
Lead Nurses - Cliona Berman, James Broughton, Louise Davey
Specialist Nurses - 27 in total
Professional Development Specialist - Gordon Turpie
Nadine Overton- Office Manager
Barrington Wade - Office Administrator
Maria Malta - Office Administrator
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
Executive Summaries for each trust:
- Ashford and St Peter's Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 543KB)
- Croydon Health Services NHS Trust (PDF 413KB)
- Dartford and Gravesham NHS Trust (PDF 406KB)
- East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 544KB)
- East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (PDF 534KB)
- Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 409KB)
- Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 537KB)
- Guernsey (PDF 395KB)
- Jersey (PDF 400KB)
- Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 406KB)
- Lewisham and Greenwich Healthcare NHS Trust (PDF 534KB)
- Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust (PDF 408KB)
- Medway NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 538KB)
- Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 406KB)
- St George's Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 543KB)
- Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (PDF 411KB)
- University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 545KB)
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the South East Team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.