Midlands Organ Donation Services Team
The Midlands Regional Collaborative had their first meeting in June 2011 and have held 3 further meetings since then and a one day Professional Development Day (PDP) for new Clinical Leads in November 2011. The region is made up of 19 NHS Trusts incorporating 26 hospitals.
Regional Manager - Susan Richards
Team Managers - Ben Cole - Anne-Marie Hill - Emma Lawson
Specialist Nurses - 24 in total
Professional Development Specialist - Claire Roberts
Tanya MacHale - Admin - Regional Office Manager
Lynette Moore - Regional Office Administrator
Office Number - 0300 1230805
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018.
Executive Summaries for each Trust:
- Birmingham Women's and Children's Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Burton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Derby Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust
- Heart of England NHS Foundation Trust
- Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sandwell and West Birmingham Hospitals NHS Trust
- Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Shrewsbury and Telford Hospital NHS Trust
- South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust
- The Dudley Group Of Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Royal Wolverhampton Hospitals NHS Trust
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust
- Walsall Healthcare NHS Trust
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the Midland team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.