Yorkshire Organ Donation Services Team
The Yorkshire Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 6.2 million. Geographically, the team cover North, South, and West Yorkshire, East Riding, Lincolnshire, North Nottingham, and Derbyshire. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 16 NHS trusts.
Regional Manager - Gordon Crowe (interim)
Team Managers - Sarah Whittingham - Clare Jones (interim)
Specialist Nurses - 19 in total comprising 6 Specialist Requesters and 13 on call SN-ODs
Practice Development Specialist - Jenny Hughes
Kelly Crawford - Office Manager
Megan Cordingley - Office Administrator
Sarah Stringer - Office Administrator
Contact Number - 0300 1230912
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
Executive Summaries for each trust:
- Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
- Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- York Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the Yorkshire team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.