Yorkshire Organ Donation Services Team
The Yorkshire Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 6.2 million. Geographically, the team cover North, South, and West Yorkshire, East Riding, Lincolnshire, North Nottingham, and Derbyshire. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 16 NHS trusts.
Regional Head of Nursing - Gordon Crowe
Lead Nurses - Adele Pavier, Clare Jones, Sarah Whittingham
Specialist Nurses - 24 in total comprising 7 Specialist Requesters and 17 SN-ODs
Professional Development Specialist - Sarah-Jane Plant
Lindsey Bird (interim) - Office Manager
Gill Drillsma - Office Administrator
Contact Number - 0300 1230912
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023.
Executive Summaries for each trust:
- Airedale NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 407KB)
- Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 408KB)
- Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 409KB)
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 532KB)
- Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 406KB)
- Doncaster and Bassetlaw Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 409KB)
- Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 406KB)
- Hull and East Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 538KB)
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 544KB)
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 411KB)
- Northern Lincolnshire and Goole Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 531KB)
- Sheffield Children's NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 402KB)
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 402KB)
- The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 406KB)
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (PDF 535KB)
- York and Scarborough Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (PDF 537KB)
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the Yorkshire team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.