North West Organ Donation Services Team
The North West Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 7.6 million. Geographically, the team cover Lancashire including Liverpool, Caernarfonshire, Cheshire, and Westmorland and also the Isle of Man. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 24 NHS trusts, 1 health board, and the Isle of Man.
Regional Manager - Sue Duncalf
Team Managers - Dawn Lee, Niki Hargreaves, Emma Thirlwall, Jane Monks
Specialist Nurses - 27.2 WTE in total
Professional Development Specialist - Lisa Francis
Kelly Crawford - Office Manager
Lindsey Bird - Office Administrator
Gill Drillsma - Office Administrator
Contact Number - 0151 268 7210
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports below provide a summary of the data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020.
Executive summaries for each trust/board:
- Aintree University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Alder Hey Children's NHS Foundation Trust
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Countess Of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- East Cheshire NHS Trust
- East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Isle of Man
- Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust
- Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust
- St Helens and Knowsley Hospitals NHS Trust
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Tameside Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust
- Warrington and Halton Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the North West team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.