South West Organ Donation Services Team
The South West Organ Donation Services Team provide services to a population of 3.9 million. Geographically, the team cover Dorset, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall, and the cities of Bath and Bristol. Within this geographical area, the team provides a service for 14 NHS trusts.
Regional Manager - Jo Chalker
Team Managers - Rachel Stoddard-Murden, Elaine Clarke, Brian Tierney
Specialist Nurses - 19
Practice Development Specialist - Charlotte Fitzpatrick
Contact Number - 0300 1231108
Organ Donor Referral Line - 03000 20 30 40
The reports on this page provide a summary of data relating to potential and actual organ donors as recorded by NHS Blood and Transplant via the Potential Donor Audit (PDA), the accompanying Referral Record and the UK Transplant Registry.
The reports cover the time period 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019.
Executive Summaries for each Trust:
- Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- North Bristol NHS Trust
- Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust
- Poole Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust
- Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust
- Royal United Hospital Bath NHS Foundation Trust
- South Devon Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
- The Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Bristol NHS Foundation Trust
- University Hospitals Plymouth NHS Trust
- Weston Area Health NHS Trust
- Yeovil District Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
As part of the PDA, patients aged over 80 years of age and those who did not die on a critical care unit or an emergency department are not audited nationally and are therefore excluded from the majority of this report. In addition, some information from this time period may be outstanding due to late reporting and difficulties obtaining patient notes. Donations not captured by the PDA will still be included in the data supplied from the accompanying Referral Record or from the UK Transplant Registry, as appropriate.
Some percentages in these reports were calculated using small numbers and should therefore be interpreted with caution.
The table containing Gold/Silver/Bronze/Amber/Red shading provides a comparison with UK targets. The targets specific to each of the nine key metrics are displayed on and above the funnel plots throughout Section 3 of the South West team detailed full report. Definitions and data, table and figure descriptions can also be found in the detailed full report.
Please refer to the contact details above if you have any queries or requests for further information.